In the News
More from DHS
Open for Business - Grants
On This Page:
The Department of Homeland Security enhances the ability of states, local and tribal jurisdictions, and other regional authorities in the preparation, prevention, and response to terrorist attacks and other disasters, by distributing grant funds. Localities can use grants for planning, equipment, training and exercise needs.
State, Local and Tribal Grant Programs
Preparedness (Non-Disaster) Grants
FEMA provides state and local governments with preparedness program funding in the form of Non-Disaster Grants to enhance the capacity of state and local emergency responders to prevent, respond to, and recover from a weapons of mass destruction terrorism incident involving chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and explosive devices and cyber attacks. To apply, go to Grants.gov.
List of Programs for FY 2011
Find and Apply for Grants
- FEMA Grants and Assistance Programs
- Transportation Security Administration Grant Programs
- Grants.gov, a government-wide system used by federal agencies for posting grant announcements and online grant submissions.
- Consumer Alert: Marketing of Grant Information
Grant Administration Resources
- Statement Regarding Implementation of Standard Terms and Conditions for Research Grants
- CFO Authority for Financial Assistance and Oversight (PDF, 74 pages - 479.27 KB)
- OMB Circular A-133 Audit Guidance
- Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) - DHS Documents
Some of the links on this page require a plug-in to view them. Links to the plug-ins are available below.
This page was last reviewed / modified on October 17, 2011.